Management Information Systems Certificate
This Management Information Systems certificate program prepares you for success in a growing industry. Our unique, online management information systems certification is an excellent add-on to any degree, but pairs exceptionally well with a business major because most of the program’s courses count toward your bachelor’s degree.
Coursework in the certificate in management information systems includes the study of management information systems, accounting and geographic information systems.
- ISP 101: Fundamentals of Information Systems (3)
- ISP 105 - Spreadsheet Software (3)
- MBE 203 - Accounting I (3)
- ISP 205 - Database Management Systems (ACCESS) (3)
- EES 300 - Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (4)
- MBE 335 - Accounting Information Systems (3)
- ISP 400 - Project Management for IS (3)
Your Supply Chain Management career outlook spans many industries, including business, manufacturing, travel, tourism and healthcare, among others.
Companies rely on business analysts to close gaps in enterprise operations. Develop the skills to achieve business goals by finding synergies between marketing, sales, and IT teams.
Computer Systems Analyst
Businesses need skilled analysts who understand big-picture technology challenges and deliver solutions. This growing field has a median annual salary of nearly $89,000, per the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Why VWU Online
More than 90 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a Yellow Ribbon school, and we have a dedicated Veterans Service Team.
Admission decisions are made on the basis of a review of the applicant's undergraduate transcript. No SAT, ACT, or GMAT required!
How to Apply
To be considered for admission to an online certificate program at Virginia Wesleyan University, students must:
- Complete our online application.
- Applicants who have not yet completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT score, and official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. Applicants who do have not SAT or ACT scores may be admitted based on an evaluation of high school coursework. Applicants who did not complete high school may be admitted based on GED test results.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Generally, individuals transferring to Virginia Wesleyan must present a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- An Associates Degree in Business from a regionally accredited college or university, or 60 credit hours to include Accounting I, Accounting II, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and Statistics (or Precalculus) are required for admission into this certificate program. Contact the Office of Enrollment Services for additional information.
There may be financial aid options available to you when you apply for an online program at Virginia Wesleyan University.