Bachelor of Arts in Music Production
For a successful career in environmental studies, you need a broad foundation of knowledge in key areas like science, economics and how humans fit into the natural world. Virginia Wesleyan University’s online environmental studies degree provides a well-rounded education to complement your passion for the issues facing our environment. By studying topics that emphasize the interdisciplinary nature of the field, you will be able to apply what you learn in the workplace.
Our online bachelor’s program emphasizes real-world skill development along with flexibility, so you can complete your education in a format that works for you. VWU’s expert instructors have years of experience in their fields, so you gain the knowledge you need to excel in your career after graduation. Whether you choose to pursue environmental science, corporate sustainability, conservation or another discipline, this degree program prepares you for a career that makes a positive impact on our world.
General Education is the component of the degree that all students share. The requirements include both a scholarly core experience and a broad array of courses from across the university. The core provides students a common sequence of courses that form a foundation for their education and that will serve them throughout their lives. The breadth requirement ensures a well-rounded education.
The major is a component of the degree that a student chooses: a major requires students to take a deep dive into the complexities of knowledge within a particular area of inquiry and to understand the methods and tenets of a discipline or interdisciplinary field. A major consists of a guided program that builds from gateway or intermediate courses to at least five advanced courses.
Piano Skills Core
- APMU 243 - Keyboard Harmony I
- APMU 244 - Keyboard Harmony II
- MUS 101 - Basic Musicianship I
- MUS 102 - Basic Musicianship II
- MUS 225 - Intermediate Musicianship I
- MUS 226 - Intermediate Musicianship II
- MUS 325 - Advanced Musicianship I
Music History Core
- MUS 318 - Great Works: Classical Music
- MUS 318 - Great Works: Popular Music
Digital Music Courses
- MUS 254 - Introduction to Music Technology
- MUS 355 - Digital Composition Workshop
- MUS 356 - Sound Recording
- MUS 456 - Digital Music Capstone
Addressing environmental concerns is an emerging trend in the business world. With your VWU degree, you can help companies and organizations balance their impact on the natural world.
Your VWU education helps you turn your passion for the environment into a successful career. You'll be prepared to use your knowledge of natural sciences to protect the environment and safeguard human health.
Protecting natural resources is a critical aspect of environmental studies. With an education from VWU, you'll gain the skills to manage and improve the use of land, water and more.
Why VWU Online
More than 90 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a Yellow Ribbon school, and we have a dedicated Veterans Service Team.
Admission decisions are made on the basis of a review of the applicant's undergraduate transcript. No SAT, ACT, or GMAT required!
How to Apply
- Complete our online application.
- Applicants who have not yet completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit an official high school transcript and SAT/ACT score, and an official college transcript from all colleges and universities previously attended. Applicants who have not taken an SAT or ACT may be admitted on the basis of an evaluation of high school coursework. Applicants who are not high school graduates may be admitted on the basis of GED test results.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 12 or more semester hours of college work must submit official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Generally, individuals transferring to Virginia Wesleyan must present a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
There may be financial aid options available to you when you apply for an online program at Virginia Wesleyan University.