Supply Chain Management & Logistics Certificate Overview
This upper-level SCM certificate program prepares you for success in a growing industry. Our unique, online supply chain management certification is an excellent add-on to any degree, but pairs exceptionally well with a business major because most of the program’s courses count toward your bachelor’s degree.
Coursework in the certificate in supply chain management includes the study of management principles, supply chain logistics and operations management. You will also receive hands-on field experience in a management internship, which will bolster your resume.
With our online SCM certification, your supply chain management career outlook is promising. You could secure a position as a production operative, supervisor or manager.
- Next Start Date:May 16, 2022
- Total Degree Credit Hours:20
- Program Length:Finish in less than a year
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$399
- Major Credit Hours:20
WHO IS OUR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT & LOGISTICS CERTIFICATE FOR?
- You are seeking formal education in supply chain management to advance your career.
- You would like to diversify or build upon your business degree.
Start Your Journey
Career Outcomes Your SCM career outlook spans many industries, including business, manufacturing, travel, tourism and healthcare, among others.
In supply chain management, you would oversee the sourcing and production of goods, materials and inventory. Your position would entail management of employees, quality of products and customer satisfaction. With your certificate in supply chain management, you could work as a planning manager, industry analyst or transportation director.
In supply chain logistics, you would study and oversee the movement of goods and materials throughout a product's manufacturing process. You would optimize the process for timeliness and quality control while aiming to save money and materials. With your supply chain management certificate, you might work as a logistics manager or supply chain consultant.
To be considered for admission to an online certificate program at Virginia Wesleyan University, students must:
- Complete our online application.
- Applicants who have not yet completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT score, and official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. Applicants who do have not SAT or ACT scores may be admitted based on an evaluation of high school coursework. Applicants who did not complete high school may be admitted based on GED test results.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Generally, individuals transferring to Virginia Wesleyan must present a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- An Associates Degree in Business from a regionally accredited college or university, or 60 credit hours to include Accounting I, Accounting II, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and Statistics (or Precalculus) are required for admission into this certificate program. Contact the Office of Enrollment Services for additional information.
Tuition Costs & Financing
Virginia Wesleyan University has one of the most affordable online supply chain management certification programs in the region, at only $399 per credit hour. Financial aid and financing options are available for those who qualify.
Course Information Each course is 3 credit hours.
- Required Courses
- MBE 301 - Principles of Management: A Project Approach
- MBE 350 - Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- MBE 360 - Operations Management
- MBE 389 - Field Experience in Management (internship)
- Choose one elective
- MBE 306 - Business Law
- MBE 333 - International Business
- MBE 490 - Independent Study in Management
Why Virginia Wesleyan Online?
More than 90 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Why Study Online? Learning online is different from working in a classroom setting. Here’s what you can expect.
Structure Your Week
You have control over when you work on your online degree. You'll probably spend 18 to 24 hours per week on coursework in order to complete your degree in 12 months.
Talk to Your Instructor
You have access to your instructor when you need help, via Blackboard. Your online instructors will let you know when they’re available to answer your questions, help you through difficult tasks and point you in the right direction.
Work with Classmates
Just because you’re learning from home doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Other students will be participating in your class discussions, and you can connect with them on Blackboard when you need to. Your fellow classmates can be a great source of ideas and understanding.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a military friendly school. In addition to providing veteran support services to our students, we participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. With this program, you can use your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to pay for all VWU tuition and fees.
Virginia Wesleyan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate masters degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Virginia Wesleyan University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).