ACCELERATED ONLINE MBA OVERVIEW
You don’t need a business degree to get a Master of Business Administration. Our MBA program is designed to provide leadership skills and give you the foundation to succeed in any field, regardless of your background.
There is high demand for well-rounded leaders who can bring both business and leadership skills to the table. The MBA prepares professionals for career enhancement and personal development in the high-tech, 21st century global marketplace. It seeks to develop leaders committed to creating sustainable, social, environmental, and economic value through effective and responsive business practices.
You’ll engage with highly qualified faculty on your schedule and experience an accelerated online MBA with the rigor and personal attention you need to get the most out of your education. Upon graduation, you’ll have the communication and teamwork skills necessary to compete in a global environment, a firm understanding of advanced business concepts, knowledge of relevant emerging business trends, and key leadership skills necessary for managerial roles.
Our MBA program is offered in a participative online learning environment. The 10-course program can be completed in as little as 12 months, and students may enroll on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
At Virginia Wesleyan University, discover one of the most affordable online MBA programs in the region and master your future in business and leadership.
- Next Start Date:March 20, 2023
- Total Degree Credit Hours:30
- Program Length:Finish in as little as 12 months
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$499
- Major Credit Hours:30
WHO IS OUR ONLINE MBA FOR?
- You’re ready to earn an affordable and advanced credential in just one year.
- You’re an innovator who wants to compete in a global marketplace.
- You like the idea of entrepreneurship and being your own boss.
- You already have a career, but you’re looking to grow professionally.
Start Your Journey
Career Outcomes Your online MBA empowers you to pursue a number of career paths.
Most companies need smart, skilled people to manage the organization’s operational needs, like working with vendors or making supply chain decisions. With the wide variety of skills you learn from VWU, you’ll have what it takes to step into an operational leadership role.
Health Services Management
Increasingly, hospitals are relying on people with top-notch business skills to ensure they stay in the black, so they can provide quality patient care for as many people as possible. The advanced management skills VWU’s MBA program teaches you can help you thrive in this vital industry.
If the idea of working for yourself and carving out your own niche in the fast-paced business world appeals to you, you might be an entrepreneur in the making. Use the skills you learn from VWU to kick-start your own business venture and propel it to success.
VWU’s MBA imparts critical communication skills, and you can use those communication skills to help craft the message that a business wants to send to the public. As a public relations specialist, you can speak for a business and make sure it always puts its best foot forward.
Managing a business's money is a complex, exacting job, but it’s one your VWU education prepares you for. Take charge of the organization’s finances and manage its financial strategy with the skills you learn from your MBA.
To be considered for admission to the MBA program at Virginia Wesleyan University, students must:
- Complete our online application.
- Provide official academic transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities previously attended. If more than one institution has been attended, the cumulative GPA for all coursework attempted must be 2.7 or higher. In addition, the GPA earned at the institution at which the bachelor’s degree was awarded must be 2.7 or higher.
- Have completed Statistics, Financial Accounting, and Microeconomics or Macroeconomics. (Individuals missing one or more prerequisite are encouraged to speak with an enrollment counselor to explore their options for enrollment.)
Tuition Cost & Financing
Virginia Wesleyan University has one of the most affordable online MBA programs in the region, at only $499 per credit hour. Financing options are available for those who qualify.
Members of the Virginia Beach Police Department (VBPD) will also receive $150 reduction in cost per credit hour.
Course Information Ten courses are needed for completion of the MBA program, following the specified tracks. Each course is 3 credit hours.
- MBE 500 - Accounting Information and Management Decisions
- MBE 510 - Operations Management and Supply Chain Management
- MBE 520 - Ethical Management in a Global Environment
- MBE 530 - Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, and Control
- MBE 540 - Managerial Economic Analysis
- MBE 550 - Managerial Finance
- MBE 561 - Applied Leadership Theory
- MBE 570 - Organizational Psychology and Behavior
- MBE 581 - Negotiations
- MBE 590 - Advanced Strategy and Policy Integration
Why Virginia Wesleyan Online?
More than 90 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Why Study Online? Learning online is different from working in a classroom setting. Here's what you can expect.
Structure Your Week
You have control over when you work on your online MBA. You’ll probably spend between 18 and 24 hours per week on coursework in order to complete your degree in 12 months.
Talk to Your Instructor
You have access to your instructor when you need help, via Blackboard. Your online instructors will let you know when they’re available to answer your questions, help you through difficult tasks and point you in the right direction.
Work With Classmates
Just because you’re learning from home doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Other students will be participating in your class discussions, and you can connect with them on Blackboard when you need to. Your fellow classmates can be a great source of ideas and understanding.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a military friendly school. In addition to providing veteran support services to our students, we participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. With this program, you can use your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to pay for all VWU tuition and fees.
Virginia Wesleyan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate masters degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Virginia Wesleyan University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).