ACCELERATED ONLINE MBA OVERVIEW
Business is a fast-paced, dynamic, always-growing field. To prepare for competition in a global marketplace, you need an online MBA as dynamic and innovative as you are. That’s where Virginia Wesleyan University comes in. We’ve been providing high-quality on-ground business degrees for years, and now, you can get that same quality of education in an accelerated online MBA program that can be completed in as little as 12 months.
Our online MBA program focuses on hands-on practice and discussion of business principles, and it emphasizes flexibility so that you can fit your education into your already busy life. You’ll engage with highly qualified faculty on your schedule and experience an accelerated online MBA with the rigor and personal attention you need to get the most out of your education.
Join this program to develop specialized skills that foster career success. Our finance track focuses on wealth management and decision-making competencies needed for roles in the banking and insurance industries. With the health care administration track, you can build a working knowledge of health care administration and management to qualify for rewarding positions in hospital systems. And the marketing track focuses on consumer behavior, product development and multi-channel promotional strategies, empowering you to take a leading role at global businesses.
Upon graduation, you’ll have the communication and teamwork skills necessary to compete in a global business environment, a firm understanding of advanced business concepts, knowledge of relevant emerging trends in business and key leadership skills necessary for managerial roles. At Virginia Wesleyan University, discover one of the most affordable online MBA programs in the region and master your future in business.
- Next Start Date:July 6, 2020
- Total Degree Credit Hours:30
- Program Length:Finish in as little as 12 months
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$499
- Major Credit Hours:30
WHO IS OUR ONLINE MBA FOR?
- You’re ready to earn an advanced credential in just one year.
- You’re an innovator who wants to compete in a global marketplace.
- You like the idea of entrepreneurship and being your own boss.
- You already have a career, but you’re looking to grow professionally.
Start Your Journey
Career Outcomes Your online MBA empowers you to pursue a number of career paths.
Most companies need smart, skilled people to manage the organization’s operational needs, like working with vendors or making supply chain decisions. With the wide variety of skills you learn from VWU, you’ll have what it takes to step into an operational leadership role.
Health Services Management
Increasingly, hospitals are relying on people with top-notch business skills to ensure they stay in the black, so they can provide quality patient care for as many people as possible. The advanced management skills VWU’s MBA program teaches you can help you thrive in this vital industry.
If the idea of working for yourself and carving out your own niche in the fast-paced business world appeals to you, you might be an entrepreneur in the making. Use the skills you learn from VWU to kick-start your own business venture and propel it to success.
VWU’s MBA imparts critical communication skills, and you can use those communication skills to help craft the message that a business wants to send to the public. As a public relations specialist, you can speak for a business and make sure it always puts its best foot forward.
Managing a business's money is a complex, exacting job, but it’s one your VWU education prepares you for. Take charge of the organization’s finances and manage its financial strategy with the skills you learn from your MBA.
To be considered for admission to the MBA program at Virginia Wesleyan University, students must:
- Complete our online application.
- Provide official academic transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities previously attended. If more than one institution has been attended, the cumulative GPA for all coursework attempted must be 2.7 or higher. In addition, the GPA earned at the institution at which the bachelor’s degree was awarded must be 2.7 or higher.
- Have completed Statistics, Financial Accounting, and Microeconomics or Macroeconomics. (Individuals missing one or more prerequisite are encouraged to speak with an enrollment counselor to explore their options for enrollment.)
Tuition Cost & Financing
Virginia Wesleyan University has one of the most affordable online MBA programs in the region, at only $499 per credit hour. Financing options are available for those who qualify.
Course Information Ten courses are needed for completion of the MBA program, following the specified tracks. Each course is 3 credit hours.
- MBE 500 - Accounting Information and Management Systems
- MBE 510 - Operations Management and Decision Making (General, Finance and Health Care Administration tracks)
- MBE 512 - Consumer and Buyer Behavior Insights (Marketing track)
- MBE 520 - Ethical Management in a Global Environment (General, Finance and Marketing tracks)
- MBE 521 - Applied Ethical and Legal Issues in Health Care (Health Care Administration track)
- MBE 530 - Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, and Control
- MBE 540 - Managerial Economic Analysis
- MBE 550 - Managerial Finance
- MBE 560 - Leading Diverse Organizations (General track)
- MBE 561 - Health Care Finance (Health Care Administration track)
- MBE 562 - International Marketing Strategy (Marketing track)
- MBE 563 - Advanced Financial Management (Finance track)
- MBE 570 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- MBE 580 - Competitive Supply Chain Systems (General, Health Care Administration and Marketing tracks)
- MBE 583 - Investments (Finance track)
- MBE 590 - Advanced Strategy and Policy Integration (General track)
- MBE 591 - Advanced Strategy and Policy Integration: Health Care Administration (Health Care Administration track)
- MBE 592 - Advanced Marketing Strategy (Marketing track)
- MBE 593 - Advanced Strategy and Policy Integration: Finance (Finance track)
Why Virginia Wesleyan Online?
More than 90 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Why Study Online? Learning online is different from working in a classroom setting. Here's what you can expect.
Structure Your Week
You have control over when you work on your online MBA. You’ll probably spend between 18 and 24 hours per week on coursework in order to complete your degree in 12 months.
Talk to Your Instructor
You have access to your instructor when you need help, via Blackboard. Your online instructors will let you know when they’re available to answer your questions, help you through difficult tasks and point you in the right direction.
Work With Classmates
Just because you’re learning from home doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Other students will be participating in your class discussions, and you can connect with them on Blackboard when you need to. Your fellow classmates can be a great source of ideas and understanding.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a military friendly school. In addition to providing veteran support services to our students, we participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. With this program, you can use your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to pay for all VWU tuition and fees.
Virginia Wesleyan University is one of more than 90 senior colleges and universities in the United States recognized as United Methodist-related by the University Senate of the General Board of Higher Education of the United Methodist Church. Virginia Wesleyan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University. Other inquiries about Virginia Wesleyan University (such as admission requirements, financial aid, education programs, and student life) should be made directly to the University.