Bachelor of Arts in Sustainability Management Overview
Sustainability management is an innovative field at the intersection of business and environmental studies. Virginia Wesleyan University’s online sustainability degree provides a multidisciplinary education that combines core business subjects with an emphasis on sustainable practices. It prepares you to lead the way in helping organizations craft greener, more ethical strategies. Coursework for the sustainability degree program draws on topics from a wide variety of subject areas including economics, management, policy analysis and more, so you can succeed in the workplace.
Our online sustainability degree emphasizes real-world skill development along with flexibility, allowing you to meet your goals and complete your degree on your schedule. Our instructors have years of relevant experience, so you gain the knowledge you need to excel after graduation. Whether you choose to pursue corporate sustainability, environmental consulting or another discipline, this business sustainability degree program prepares you for a career that makes a difference.
- Next Start Date:October 23, 2019
- Total Degree Credit Hours:128
- Program Length:1-2 years
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$399
- Major Credit Hours:52
Who Is Our B.A. in Sustainability Management For?
- You are passionate about environmental issues.
- You are interested in fostering sustainable business practices.
- You want a career that combines business and conservation.
Start Your Journey
Career Outcomes Your sustainability degree prepares you for a number of career paths.
Addressing environmental concerns is an emerging trend in the business world. With your VWU degree, you can help companies and organizations balance their impact on the natural world.
Your VWU education prepares you to be an expert consultant for businesses that want to adopt sustainable practices. You’ll have the skills to work on a contractual basis to help organizations address environmental issues.
If you choose to continue your education after graduation, the foundational skills you learn in this VWU degree program can prepare you for a meaningful career in environmental law. You’ll work to protect the planet and focus on legal issues related to conservation, environmental impact and more.
To be considered for admission to an online undergraduate program at Virginia Wesleyan University, students must:
- Complete our online application.
- Applicants who have not yet completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit an official high school transcript and SAT/ACT score, and an official college transcript from all colleges and universities previously attended. Applicants who have not taken an SAT or ACT may be admitted on the basis of an evaluation of high school coursework. Applicants who are not high school graduates may be admitted on the basis of GED test results.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 12 or more semester hours of college work must submit official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Generally, individuals transferring to Virginia Wesleyan must present a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Tuition Costs & Financing
Virginia Wesleyan University has one of the most affordable online sustainability degree programs in the region, at only $399 per credit hour. Financial aid and financing options are available for those who qualify.
- MBE 100 - Introduction to Economics
- MBE 207 - Economics and the Environment
- ENVS 106 - Humans, the Environment, and Sustainability
- EES 133 - Environmental Geology
- MBE 206 - Sustainability Accounting (2 credits)
- MBE 222 - Introduction to Financial Management (2 credits)
- MATH 210 - Introductory Statistics
- MBE 301 - Principles of Management
- PHIL/ENVS 304 - Environmental Ethics
- EES 320 - Energy and the Environment
- POLS/ENVS 326 - Environmental Policy Analysis
- MBE 350 - Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- ENVS 420 - Topics in Sustainability
- ENVS 470 - Internship in Environmental Studies
- One of the following:
- EES 300 - Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- EES 410 - Physical Hydrology
- MBE 332 - Economic Development
- MBE 333 - International Business
Why Virginia Wesleyan Online?
More than 90 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Why Study Online? Learning online is different from working in a classroom setting. Here’s what you can expect.
Structure Your Week
You have control over when you work on your online degree. You'll probably spend between 18 and 24 hours per week on coursework in order to complete your degree in as little as 12 months.
Talk to Your Instructor
You have access to your instructor when you need help, via Blackboard. Your online instructors will let you know when they’re available to answer your questions, help you through difficult tasks and point you in the right direction.
Work With Classmates
Just because you’re learning from home doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Other students will be participating in your class discussions, and you can connect with them on Blackboard when you need to. Your fellow classmates can be a great source of ideas and understanding.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a military friendly school. In addition to providing veteran support services to our students, we participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. With this program, you can use your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to pay for all VWU tuition and fees.
Virginia Wesleyan University is one of more than 90 senior colleges and universities in the United States recognized as United Methodist-related by the University Senate of the General Board of Higher Education of the United Methodist Church. Virginia Wesleyan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University.