B.A. in Business Overview
To help prepare you for a career in the competitive, innovative world of modern business, you need an online business degree that can give you the foundational skills you need to adapt and thrive. Learn fundamentals such as economics, marketing, accounting and more, so you can contribute to any business environment.
Our online business degree is flexible but rigorous, pairing the hands-on learning you need to succeed in business with the ability to fit your studies into your already busy life. Our highly qualified faculty are available to give you the personal attention you need, so you can get the most out of your business degree.
When you graduate, you’ll have achieved the knowledge, communication skills and teamwork skills that are so vital in the world of modern business. At Virginia Wesleyan University, discover an online bachelor’s in business degree that gives you what you need on a schedule that fits your life.
- Next Start Date:January 28, 2019
- Total Degree Credit Hours:128
- Program Length:Finish in as little as 12 months
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$399
- Major Credit Hours:56
Who Is Our Bachelor of Arts in Business For?
- You want to get started in the innovative world of business.
- You like the idea of entrepreneurship and being your own boss.
- You’re looking to change careers or upgrade your current career.
Start Your Journey
Career Outcomes Your online B.A. in Business empowers you to pursue a number of career paths.
Businesses need smart, skilled people to work with vendors and help supply chains run smoothly, and your online bachelor’s in business gives you the skills to step into these kinds of roles. With VWU, you can help take a company’s operations to the next level.
Business finances are complex and necessary to a business’s health. At VWU, you’ll learn skills like macroeconomics and accounting, so you can help keep a business’s finances running smoothly.
All entrepreneurs need help getting their new business venture started, and nobody can do everything. With the skills you learn from VWU, you’ll be able to get on the ground floor of up-and-coming startups so you can position yourself to take charge one day.
Health Services Management
Increasingly, hospitals are relying on people with top-notch business skills to ensure they stay in the black, so they can provide quality patient care for as many people as possible. At VWU, we teach the skills necessary to work within the business arm of any health care provider.
Part of business is communicating your company’s message. The communication skills you’ll learn at VWU will help you craft marketing messages and ensure a company’s voice doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
To be considered for admission to an online undergraduate program at Virginia Wesleyan University, students must:
- Complete our online application.
- Provide official academic transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities previously attended.
- Have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours combined from colleges and universities attended, with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. Note: individuals with less than 30 credit hours earned are encouraged to speak with an enrollment counselor, as they may be admissible based upon a review of courses completed and grades earned.
Tuition Costs & Financing
Virginia Wesleyan University has one of the most affordable online business programs in the region, at only $399 per credit hour. Financial aid and financing options are available for those who qualify.
Course Information Each course is 4 credit hours.
- MBE 201 - Introductory Macroeconomics
- MBE 202 - Introductory Microeconomics
- MBE 203 - Accounting I
- MBE 204 - Accounting II
- ISP 101 - Fundamentals of Information Systems
- MBE 301 - Principles of Management: A Project Approach
- MBE 316 - Marketing Principles
- MBE 322 - Financial Management
- MBE 400 - Seminar in Managerial Ethics
- MBE 406 - Senior Seminar: Management Strategy
- MBE 407 - Senior Seminar: Small Business Planning
- MBE 315 - Managing Diversity in Organizations
- MBE 360 - Operations Management
- MATH 210 - Statistics
- ENVS 106 - Humans, the Environment, and Sustainability
Why Virginia Wesleyan Online?
More than 92 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Why Study Online? Learning online is different from working in a classroom setting. Here’s what you can expect.
Structure Your Week
You have control over when you work on your online degree. You'll probably spend between 18 and 24 hours per week on coursework in order to complete your degree in as little as 12 months.
Talk to Your Instructor
You have access to your instructor when you need help, via Blackboard. Your online instructors will let you know when they’re available to answer your questions, help you through difficult tasks and point you in the right direction.
Work With Classmates
Just because you’re learning from home doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Other students will be participating in your class discussions, and you can connect with them on Blackboard when you need to. Your fellow classmates can be a great source of ideas and understanding.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a military friendly school. In addition to providing veteran support services to our students, we participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. With this program, you can use your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to pay for all VWU tuition and fees.
Virginia Wesleyan University is one of more than 90 senior colleges and universities in the United States recognized as United Methodist-related by the University Senate of the General Board of Higher Education of the United Methodist Church. Virginia Wesleyan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University.