B.A. in Business Overview
To help prepare you for a career in the competitive, innovative world of modern business, you need an online business degree that can give you the foundational skills you need to adapt and thrive. Learn fundamentals such as economics, marketing, accounting, logistics and more, so you can contribute to any business environment.
Our online business degree is flexible but rigorous, pairing the hands-on learning you need to succeed in business with the ability to fit your studies into your already busy life. Our highly qualified faculty are available to give you the personal attention you need, so you can get the most out of your business degree.
This program enables you to choose a concentration that aligns with your career goals. In the marketing track, you will explore how to develop campaigns that build brands and attract loyal consumers. Follow the supply chain management track to learn best practices for overseeing inventories, coordinating shipments and improving production processes.
When you graduate, you’ll have achieved the knowledge, communication skills and teamwork skills that are so vital in the world of modern business. At Virginia Wesleyan University, discover an online bachelor’s in business degree that gives you what you need on a schedule that fits your life.
- Next Start Date:August 25, 2021
- Total Degree Credit Hours:128
- Program Length:Finish in as little as 12 months
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$399
- Major Credit Hours:56
Who Is Our Bachelor of Arts in Business For?
- You want to get started in the innovative world of business.
- You like the idea of entrepreneurship and being your own boss.
- You’re looking to change careers or upgrade your current career.
Start Your Journey
Career Outcomes Your online B.A. in Business empowers you to pursue a number of career paths.
Businesses need smart, skilled people to work with vendors and help supply chains run smoothly, and your online bachelor’s in business gives you the skills to step into these kinds of roles. With VWU, you can help take a company’s operations to the next level.
Business finances are complex and necessary to a business’s health. At VWU, you’ll learn skills like macroeconomics and accounting, so you can help keep a business’s finances running smoothly.
All entrepreneurs need help getting their new business venture started, and nobody can do everything. With the skills you learn from VWU, you’ll be able to get on the ground floor of up-and-coming startups so you can position yourself to take charge one day.
Health Services Management
Increasingly, hospitals are relying on people with top-notch business skills to ensure they stay in the black, so they can provide quality patient care for as many people as possible. At VWU, we teach the skills necessary to work within the business arm of any health care provider.
Part of business is communicating your company’s message. The communication skills you’ll learn at VWU will help you craft marketing messages and ensure a company’s voice doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
To be considered for admission to an online undergraduate program at Virginia Wesleyan University, students must:
- Complete our online application.
- Applicants who have not yet completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit an official high school transcript and SAT/ACT score, and an official college transcript from all colleges and universities previously attended. Applicants who have not taken an SAT or ACT may be admitted on the basis of an evaluation of high school coursework. Applicants who are not high school graduates may be admitted on the basis of GED test results.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 12 or more semester hours of college work must submit official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Generally, individuals transferring to Virginia Wesleyan must present a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Tuition Costs & Financing
Virginia Wesleyan University has one of the most affordable online business programs in the region, at only $399 per credit hour. Financial aid and financing options are available for those who qualify.
Course Information Each course is 4 credit hours.
- Core Requirements:
- MBE 201 - Introductory Macroeconomics
- MBE 202 - Introductory Microeconomics
- MBE 203 - Accounting I
- MBE 204 - Accounting II
- ISP 101 - Fundamentals of Information Systems
- MBE 301 - Principles of Management: A Project Approach
- MBE 316 - Marketing Principles
- MBE 322 - Financial Management
- MBE 400 - Seminar in Managerial Ethics
- Additional Required:
- MATH 210 - Introductory Statistics
- Environment: Select one of the following:
- EES 133 - Environmental Geology with Lab
- ENG/ENVS 306 - Ecopoetry
- ENG/ENVS 410 - Environmental Writings
- ENVS 106 - Humans, the Environment, and Sustainability
- ENVS/PHIL 304 - Environmental Ethics
- ENVS/POLS 326 - Environmental Policy Analysis
- Three Track Options Choose one of the tracks below
- General Management
- MBE 315 - Managing Diversity in Organizations
- MBE Elective - Any MBE 300 or 400 elective course
- MBE 406/407 - Senior Seminar
- COMM 326 - Persuasion and the Media
- MBE 348 - Marketing Management: Integrated Marketing Communications
- MBE 406/407 - Senior Seminar
- Supply Chain Management
- MBE 350 - Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- MBE 360 - Operations Management
- MBE 406/407 - Senior Seminar
Why Virginia Wesleyan Online?
More than 90 percent of our alumni are working or in graduate school within 1 year of graduation.
Highly Qualified Faculty
90 percent of our professors have attained the highest degree in their fields.
Why Study Online? Learning online is different from working in a classroom setting. Here’s what you can expect.
Structure Your Week
You have control over when you work on your online degree. You'll probably spend between 18 and 24 hours per week on coursework in order to complete your degree in as little as 12 months.
Talk to Your Instructor
You have access to your instructor when you need help, via Blackboard. Your online instructors will let you know when they’re available to answer your questions, help you through difficult tasks and point you in the right direction.
Work With Classmates
Just because you’re learning from home doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Other students will be participating in your class discussions, and you can connect with them on Blackboard when you need to. Your fellow classmates can be a great source of ideas and understanding.
Virginia Wesleyan University is a military friendly school. In addition to providing veteran support services to our students, we participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. With this program, you can use your Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to pay for all VWU tuition and fees.
Virginia Wesleyan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University. Other inquiries about Virginia Wesleyan University (such as admission requirements, financial aid, education programs, and student life) should be made directly to the University.