Whether you’re completing a degree or pursuing advancement through continued education, VWU offers affordable, career-focused academic programs to help you achieve your goals. Designed to give you the skills you need in a flexible format that fits your life, VWU’s online degree programs foster self-exploration within students and help them understand society and the world.
Applying to Virginia Wesleyan University is easy. Our online application guides you through each step of the process, and you can save your partially completed application anytime to finish it later.
Students must follow these steps before the admission office can process the application:
- Complete our online application.
- Applicants who have not yet completed 12 semester hours of college work must submit an official high school transcript and SAT/ACT score, and an official college transcript from all colleges and universities previously attended. Applicants who have not taken an SAT or ACT may be admitted on the basis of an evaluation of high school coursework. Applicants who are not high school graduates may be admitted on the basis of GED test results.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 12 or more semester hours of college work must submit official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Generally, individuals transferring to Virginia Wesleyan must present a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Create your account.
- Submit your online application.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities you’ve attended.
Our generous transfer credit policies speed you toward graduation and make your degree even more affordable. You may transfer up to 96 credits when you enroll in one of our undergraduate degree programs, and up to 12 credits when you enroll in our MBA program.
Virginia Wesleyan University believes that all students should have the opportunity to pursue a college education. To that end, we provide information about the financial aid resources you need. Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.